HAVEN HAS TAX CREDITS TO GIVE YOU THROUGH THE NEIGHBORHOOD
The approved project is to renovate the Hope Haven Industries, Inc. recycling center. Included in the project are the following objectives:
- Extend and enclose the recycling dock to accommodate three additional semis
- Concrete a large portion of the property
- Correct a drainage problem
- Enlarge the dock located in front of the recycling warehouse
- Extend the South side of the existing processing plant
- Purchase six exhaust fans, a revolving forklift clamp, a bobcat and a replacement route truck
- Repair the roof
- Renovate break room and bathrooms
The recycling center currently ships out approximately 400 tons of recyclable materials every month. As the recycling center has grown and continues to grow, the equipment and space has become inadequate. The recycling center not only makes a huge impact on the environment, but it also saves businesses thousands of dollars every year by avoiding costly landfill fees. Most importantly, Hope Haven provides employment to forty-five employees with developmental disabilities. This project will improve their work environment greatly.
If you are interested in providing a donation to the Hope Haven Recycling Renovation project or have questions about the tax credits, please contact
Donna Windmeyer at 660-646-5172.
What is the Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP)?
The Neighborhood Assistance Program tax credits provide assistance to community-based organizations that enable them to implement community or neighborhood projects in the areas of community service, education, crime prevention, job training and physical revitalization.
Does the Program Work?
The Department of Economic Development issued 70% tax credits to an eligible taxpayer that makes a qualified contribution to an approved Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) project. Ex. When John Doe donates $10,000 to the Hope Haven revitalization project, he will in turn receive $7,000 in Missouri income tax credits. The tax credits can be used in the donation year or carried forward for five additional years.
- Cash contributions
- Equipment and supplies
- Stocks and bonds
Eligible to Donate?
- Individual with a Farm Operation
- Individual reporting income from royalties or rental property
- Individual reporting income from a sole proprietorship, S-Corporation, Partnership, or Limited Liability Corporation
- S-Corporation (attaché shareholder’s names, social security numbers and percentage of ownership)
- Partnership (Attach partner’s names, social security numbers and percentage of ownership)
- Limited Liability Corporation (Attach a list of partners, social security numbers and percentage of ownership)
- Financial Institution
- Insurance Company
more about our NAP project through this Press Release and
us to find out how you can help Hope Haven!